Sales Executive, at Clubmate, Remote – UK
From £25k per annum + commission (£41k OTE)
Clubmate is a UK based fishing club and fishery software platform that takes the hassle out of running a fishing organisation.
We are on a mission to unite every club, fishery and fishing venue on one platform by putting modern, affordable technology at the heart of the sport. We want to make running any fishing organisation simple, easy and efficient whilst making the sport more accessible for everyone.
We are a small, growing team and are now looking to expand our sales team. This is a remote based role.
About the Role
We are looking for a high performing sales executive to join our growing team; you will be enthusiastic, confident, and a personable individual, making key contributions to our direct sales efforts and driving the company’s growth.
You will be responsible for presenting and selling Clubmate solutions to fishing clubs, fisheries and syndicates in the UK and Ireland. This will involve actively prospecting, managing, and engaging with a dedicated sales pipeline of interested potential customers.
You will need to be able to effectively demonstrate and clearly articulate the benefits of our solutions, with the aim of building relationships with key decision makers to drive sales. You will be seen as an ambassador of our brand and will be involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects in addition to the day-to-day sales focused role, including; relationship management, business development, customer service, industry events, and other areas across the business as required.
You will be a critical member of our team with opportunities to develop and take on increased responsibility through excellence in your performance.
The position is suitable for an avid angler with successful experience in sales, or an individual with the necessary key skills and attitude looking for an opportunity to demonstrate that they are a top performer.
The outputs of your work will cover the following areas, supported by colleagues across the business:
New Sales Process
- Responding and following up on inbound enquiries
- Actively prospecting and generating leads (via email, phone, social media, networking etc.)
- Live online demonstrations via Zoom/Teams
- Occasional in-person demonstrations
- Build and strengthen relationships with our industry partners (Angling Trust, Angling Cymru etc.) to garner opportunities and leads
In Person Events, Networking & trade shows
- Presenting, demonstrating and selling our solutions at industry focused events (eg, Angling Trust Fisheries Forums)
- Participating in and contributing to key trade events throughout the year
Ideal candidate is already aware of Clubmate and will have knowledge of fishing, having worked in the industry in some capacity, or a deep personal interest.
- You are an angler
- At least 1 year of directly relevant experience.
- Appropriate sales experience (B2B preferred) with ability to reach sales targets and build customer relationships.
- Passion for selling and providing value to customers
- Proven skills in persuasively demonstrating products or services online (via Zoom or Teams) and over the phone.
- Clarity in verbal and written communications.
- Confident, enthusiastic, and persistent personality.
- Demonstrate being results oriented, creative, and resourceful.
- Proactive, bright, ambitious, insightful, curious and thoughtful.
- Experience working within the fishing sector to sufficiently understand our customers and the recreational fishing landscape.
- Have an existing network of decision makers at fishing clubs and/or fisheries
- UK driving license.
This is a remote-based role, however you will be expected to travel to our office in Billericay, Essex at least once a month.
- From £25k per annum + commission (£41k OTE)
- Flexible working environment and hours
- 20 days paid holiday + public holidays
- Company pension
- Monthly commission (based on sales targets being achieved)
For us to consider your application, please include a cover letter and answer the following questions:
- Why are you choosing us? In other words, how does being Sales Executive at Clubmate fit in with your career goals?
- Why should we choose you? In other words, how are your experience and skills a great fit for this specific role/company?
- Please explain the problem Clubmate solves in your own words and tell us why you find that exciting?